We want everyone to enjoy a safe and happy Halloween, but we also recognise this time of year can be stressful for some residents and result in nuisance callers.
If you would prefer people not to visit your home you can download our ‘sorry no trick or treat’ poster to display in your window, as well as one with general Halloween advice, which can also be read below:
- Adults should always accompany children when trick or treating. Young people should never go trick or treating alone.
- Do not knock on the doors of strangers – only go to people you know. Never go into a stanger’s house.
- Always keep to well-lit areas. Wear bright clothing and always carry a torch. Remember road safety.
- Unless pre-arranged, do not visit elderly members of the community. Be careful not to frighten vulnerable people.
- Keep your tricks within the law – anything that results in damage is an offence and will be dealt with as such.